Friday, January 25, 2013

Last Day Reflections.


  • What did I learn about photography?
    • Firstly, in this class I learned how to properly use the "fancy" camera we have at home. Before this class I wasn't able to adjust many of the settings, now I am able to adjust the self-timer, shutter speed, ISO, and many more the the settings. I never took the time to identify the different controls and how they affect the final photo, but now I know how the different settings and adjustments to the camera can make a photo differ. An example of shutter speed is the light writing; before I was assigned the extra credit, I thought the process was immensely complicated, but a few simple adjustments to the camera's shutter speed and intake, the process became suddenly extremely easy. This class also helped me learn a lot about photoshop, something i've wanted to do for a while.

  • What did I learn about myself?
    • I learned that I have a unique look on things, my personality reflects in my photos in a way different than others. I realized that even though something may be easy and simple, it can become something extraordinary that takes an affect on others. I also decided I like the use of photoshop in some cases. I can easily remember the way to "re-develop" a photo by editing, another sign that I like it. The most important thing this class taught me was the hidden beauty found in just about everything.

  • What do I wish we had done?
    • I wish we spent more time and projects developing photos in the dark room. One of the reasons I took this class was to learn how to better use a film camera, and to learn to develop. I really enjoyed the phone-developing project because it gave you the opportunity to use any photo you like. 

  • Struggle?
    • I struggled with the different techniques of taking photos; I was afraid of the the picture may turn out, and if it would ruin a potentially good one. The project I struggled the most with was the blur project, the setting of the shutter speed became a struggle for me because I was never sure if it was correct or not, although now I know there never really is a correct and incorrect setting.

  • What did I conquer?
    • I developed photos as well as learned the techniques of photoshop. I was able to take photos in way I would have avoided before. I also learned the many techniques of taking photos, slowly becoming more and more comfortable with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment